Jumaat, 23 Oktober 2009

Heidi



For those who disbelieve god have to read such a lovely story by Johanna Spyry, it always makes me remember what have been told in al-Quran.

And your Lord has said, ‘Call on Me and I will respond to you, in other words, worship Me and I will reward you — judging [this to be the meaning] by what follows. Surely those who disdain to worship Me shall enter (sa-yadkhulūna, or [passive] sa-yudkhalūna, ‘they shall be admitted into’) Hell [utterly] humiliated’, abased.

Ghafir:60

This verse of Qur'an actually is the main point why we have to pray to Allah and told him whatever we want and believe Him (Allah) that one day He (Allah) will full fill our prayers.

This had been told beautifully in the book, at the moment when grandmama told her to say her prayer every night.

It was the time when Heidi told Grandmama that she had stop pray to God because she feels like the God didnt hear what she pray and because nothing happen after it.

Grandmama answers really struck me,

"You are wrong, Heidi; you must not think of Him like that. God is a good father to us all, and knows better than we do what is good for us. If we ask Him for something that is not good for us, He does not give it, but something better still, if only we will continue to pray earnestly and do not run away and lose our trust in Him. God did not think what you have been praying for was good for you just now; but be sure He heard you, for He can hear and see every one at the same time, because He is a God and not a human being like you and me. And because He thought it was better for you not to have at once what you wanted, He said to Himself: Yes, Heidi shall have what she asks for, but not until the right time comes, so that she may be quite happy. If I do what she wants now, and then one day she sees that it would have been better for her not to have had her own way, she will cry and say, 'If only God had not given me what I asked for! it is not so good as I expected!' And while God is watching over you, and looking to see if you will trust Him and go on praying to Him every day, and turn to Him for everything you want, you run away and leave off saying your prayers, and forget all about Him. And when God no longer hears the voice of one He knew among those who pray to Him, He lets that person go his own way, that he may learn how foolish he is. And then this one gets into trouble, and cries, 'Save me, God, for there is none other to help me,' and God says, 'Why did you go from Me; I could not help you when you ran away.' And you would not like to grieve God, would you Heidi, when He only wants to be kind to you? So will you not go and ask Him to forgive you, and continue to pray and to trust Him, for you may be sure that He will make everything right and happy for you, and then you will be glad and lighthearted again."

Isn't it beautiful? you must read this..

This story also brought me to another world of Swizerland which it had been told clearly by Spyry. I can feel the fresh air of the mountains there, I can visualize the snow and even shiver when I read the coldness.

The winter, springs and summer are beautifully visualize by her and it really interesting how she describe the characters inside.

Even the city of Frankfurt also been told like we have been there before when reading it.

The story started slow which it seems like we are focusing on uncle Alp but it does have it's own significant and brilliant idea to put it there and we can feel the changes of character of Uncle Alp.

BY the way this is really a good classic story for us to read eventhough it had been filmed since we can see the different of feeling by reading it ourself and visualize it on our own imagination.

Here I put some of the hymm that heidi told to grannie,

The golden sun
His course doth run,
And spreads his light,
So warm and bright, upon us all

'We see God's power
from hour to hour.
his love is sure,
And will endure for evermore.


My heart is sad, my eyes grow dim,
Yet do I put my trust in Him,
and in due time, all sorrow past,
In safety home I'll come at last.'


1 ulasan:

Syahid nss berkata...

Salam singgah,

wow , satu perkongsian yg bagus.. Katne nak boleh dapat buku Johanna Spyri tu?

Catat Ulasan

Nota: Hanya ahli blog ini sahaja yang boleh mencatat ulasan.